Death always hits Xylia Morana too close to home, but she likes it that way. She hangs out with the terminally ill, attends random funerals, and every so often, when the weather is right, she sleeps in open graves. But after Landon Phoenix, the high school hottie, dies in Xylia's arms, she sneaks into the morgue to say goodbye. How could she know stealing a kiss from his corpse would wake him up? With Landon returned to the living and suddenly interested in Xylia, life has new meaning. But what Xylia doesn't realize is that by kissing Landon back to life, she's thrown Life and Death off balance. The underworld demands a body, and it might just have to be Xylia's this time.
Today, I'd like to welcome Avery Olive, fellow Canadian and author of A Stiff Kiss, to my blog. For today's stop on the blog tour for A Stiff Kiss, Avery will be listing the ten things she wants to do before she dies.
Okay, this was extremely hard! I mean like, I spent weeks mulling over the question, coming up with answers and then scratching them off the list. Partly because I’m content with how my life is going and partly because I’m mildly afraid of death, and didn’t want to think about all the things I want to do before death knocks at my door.
Then again, putting it all down puts things into perspective, showing me there are some really great things on my list that I must do!
So, without further adieu ... My top ten things I’d like to do ... in life and in no particular order - cause that would just make the list that much harder.
- Visit a Castle. Sadly, Cinderella’s castle at Disney Land just won’t cut it. I’d like to go to Scotland or Ireland and see one up close, with its history, charm and dungeons.
- See the Sistine Chapel. It’s just one of those things that should be on everyone’s list!
- Have at least 5 novels published. This one hopefully now has become more attainable. I’ve got one under my belt.
- Celebrate a 20th Wedding Anniversary. I know that seems silly but every day you read about someone, or hear about someone that’s had a failed marriage. I took my vows seriously, and truly hope for my own Happily Ever After. I figure after 20 years, we’ve made an honest go of it, so if it fails after that, I won’t feel so bad.
- Have one of my novels turned into a major motion picture. I know, right, that’s probably on everyone’s list. But seriously, how cool would that be!
- Win the lottery? Is that too cliché? Cause, what I wouldn’t give to have some extra dough lying around. And I’m not talking about million, just a little extra nest egg.
- Meet all the wonderful Authors I’ve befriended. It’s amazing that Author hood is like its own little cult. I’ve met (through Twitter, Facebook and the like) some really amazing people and I’d love, love to meet some of them!
- Get a tattoo. I know, not anything WOW or exciting but I’m a chicken, a big fat fraidy-cat! But I have a design that I would love to have inked on my body forever. I just have to work up the nerve.
- Become a Grandma. I know. Most people aren’t concerned about that. I gave the world one child, and what happens if he doesn’t have any kids? I’d better put down my want for grandchildren just to be sure it happens.
- See the Northern Lights. I live in place that yes, you can see them. They faintly dance about the sky in flickering hues of greens and purples. But if you go further North - almost to the top of the world apparently they are freaking amazing.
Thanks for stopping by, Avery!
A bit about Avery: Avery Olive is Canadian. She is married and has one child. When she’s not helping raise her very energetic and inquisitive son, she can be found working on her latest novel--where she devilishly adds U’s into every word she can. When she is looking for a break Avery enjoys cake decorating, losing herself in a good book, or heading out to the lake to go camping. The release of Avery’s first novel proves to her it won’t be the last. As long as her family continues to be supportive, she can find the time, and people want to read, Avery vows to keep on writing.
Besides the grand prize being offered on her blog, Avery has generously offered to give away some swag to one lucky winner. Here's what she's offering: mousepad, signed bookmark and collector card.
To enter, read the rules below and then fill out this FORM:
- You do not have to be a follower to enter.
- You must be over the age of 13.
- This giveaway is open internationally and will end on Tuesday, April 10 at 11:59 PM.