My Rating: 4 hearts
Thoughts on the Novel: Although I’m not a big sci-fi fan, I put Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff’s Illuminae on my wishlist after hearing about it because I love Kaufman’s Starbound series. Having now read Illuminae, I can say that Kaufman and Kristoff didn’t disappoint!
Since Illuminae doesn’t come out until October, I figured I’d provide five reasons to convince you to get a copy of your own:
- The writing style: Something that makes Illuminae stand out is that it’s told entirely through hacked documents such as interviews, emails, chat logs, and diary excerpts!
- The pacing: The way Illuminae is written makes it really easy to breeze through the book. It also helps that the novel is so action-packed and full of tension.
- The themes explored: I really liked some of the philosophical questions that Illuminae raises, my favourite of which is whether saving the lives of many is worth risking the lives of a few.
- The characters: Even though the writing style made it slightly hard to connect with the characters, I liked Kady and Ezra. My favourite character, however, would definitely have to be AIDAN.
- The plot twists: While I predicted some of the twists, others – like the one at the end – were a total surprise!
Comments About the Cover: It's quite eye-catching.
A big thanks to Christina at Christina Reads YA for sending me her copy of Illuminae!