Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Iron Witch

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held by Jill at Breaking the Spine to feature upcoming books that we can't wait to get our hands on.

Title: The Iron Witch
Author: Karen Mahoney
Publisher: Flux
Date of Release: February 8, 2011

Goodreads Description: Freak. That's what her classmates call seventeen-year-old Donna Underwood. When she was seven, a horrific fey attack killed her father and drove her mother mad. Donna's own nearly fatal injuries from the assault were fixed by magic - the iron tattoos branding her hands and arms. The child of alchemists, Donna feels cursed by the magical heritage that destroyed her parents and any chance she had for a normal life. The only thing that keeps her sane and grounded is her relationship with her best friend, Navin Sharma. When the darkest outcasts of Faerie - the vicious wood elves - abduct Navin, Donna finally has to accept her role in the centuries old war between the humans and the fey. Assisted by Xan, a gorgeous half-fey dropout with secrets of his own, Donna races to save her friend - even if it means betraying everything her parents and the alchemist community fought to the death to protect.

Why am I waiting? Aside from the fact that the cover is gorgeous, the premise sounds unique, dark and just super interesting!

24 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds interesting. I'm waiting on this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm note really into witches' novels normally but I so love this cover !! Can't wait for this one, I'm very curious about it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for The Iron Witch too! And the cover is fabulous! It odes sound super interesting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good pick! This is one I can't wait to read either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iron Witch is definitely a book that is on my most anticipated list. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this around and it looks great =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:03 am

    I can't wait for this either. Wicked pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:06 am

    This one is on my TBR pile too. Looks great. I really like the cover too. Simple, but dark and beautiful.
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to this one, I'm a fan of drop dead gorgeous fey, so I was sold on buying this one after reading that line:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup... this is a top book for me on my " I really need it now" list! Great pick!


    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:25 pm

    here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really excited about this book too. I already have it on my challenge lists.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'd like to read this one too! great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! This was mine for last week, looks so so amazing! Excellent pick ;)

    Emma @ girl loves books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I love the cover of this book and it sounds so amazing! I can't wait for this one! Great pick! Here's my WOW:
    http://thebucketlist-gina.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday-angelfire.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blurb and it looks and sounds awesome, just added it to my list as well.


    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have seen this one on several blogs and I agree it looks like a great book.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like that she feels cursed by magic...a bit of a different take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cant wait till I have my own copy

    ReplyDelete
  21. It definitely sounds unique! Adding this one to my list of books to read for 2011. Will have to finish up the 2010 list first, so maybe I'll get to my new list by July...ha!

    It does sound good though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to read this one, because I have a feeling it's going to be very, very good. Oh, and I agree, the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely pick! I decided to follow your blog after your awesome interview with Melissa AND I don't regret it at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will reply back via either email or stopping by your blog. Please note that this is an award-free zone.