Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Faerie Ring

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held by Jill at Breaking the Spine to feature upcoming books that we can't wait to get our hands on. 

Title: The Faerie Ring
Author: Kiki Hamilton
Publisher: Tor Teen
Date of Release: September 27, 2011 

Goodreads Description: The year is 1871, and Tiki has been making a home for herself and her family of orphans in a deserted hideaway adjoining Charing Cross Station in central London. Their only means of survival is by picking pockets. One December night, Tiki steals a ring, and sets off a chain of events that could lead to all-out war with the Fey. For the ring belongs to Queen Victoria, and it binds the rulers of England and the realm of Faerie to peace. With the ring missing, a rebel group of faeries hopes to break the treaty with dark magic and blood - Tiki’s blood. Unbeknownst to Tiki, she is being watched - and protected - by Rieker, a fellow thief who suspects she is involved in the disappearance of the ring. Rieker has secrets of his own, and Tiki is not all that she appears to be. Her very existence haunts Prince Leopold, the Queen’s son, who is driven to know more about the mysterious mark that encircles her wrist. Prince, pauper, and thief - all must work together to secure the treaty ...

Why am I waiting? I love the Victorian era, and because I still haven't read many books about faeries, I'm really glad that this one offers both. Plus, when you have thieves involved, you know there's bound to be danger and adventure.

16 comments:

  1. What? This book isn't out yet? Why did I think it was?

    I haven't read many faery books either, and this one does sound like it offers a great combo.

    Not much longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pretty! =D
    omg!! amazing choice! Im dying for this one too! holy hell!! Victorian London + Faeries!!!! OMG!!!!! =9

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for this! Not long to go now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited about this one. Love anything Fae. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! I thought for sure that The Faerie Ring was released already since I was seeing it everywhere on the blogosphere...guess I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the book's cover ! It's really beautiful ! It sounds interesting, I think I will wait for some reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! Love the cover for this book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:19 pm

    Nice choice, sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesdy.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting on this one right along with you Zahida, I cannot wait for it to come out! The only other series I've read about the fey is The Iron Fey books and I loved those:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're excited about this one too. Love Faeries!

    new follower!

    Here's our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO looking forward to this book, too! I'm with you on the thieves, they always add something fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to this one too! It sounds like a wonderful combination of elements - with faeries, pickpockets, Victorian London and a terribly important ring...how can you lose? :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I am so excited for The Faerie Ring!!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited for The Faerie Ring too! Faeries and the Victorian Era should make for a great combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I'm looking forward to The Faerie Ring as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful and unique cover, i love this book.

    Register Domain

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will reply back via either email or stopping by your blog. Please note that this is an award-free zone.