Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Side Effects May Vary

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held by Jill at Breaking the Spine to feature upcoming books that we can't wait to get our hands on. 

Title: Side Effects May Vary 
Author: Julie Murphy
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Date of Release: March 18, 2014 


Goodreads Description: When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs - however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission. Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most?  

Why am I waiting? Although this one deals with cancer, it sounds like it may be more humourous than depressing. I'm really curious to see what Alice's bucket list consists of and to find out how she deals with the consequences of her actions once she goes into remission. 

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one too! It's already available in E but my connection is such a bummer it won't let me download anything. :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this one seems like a depressing book but it kind of reminds me of The Fault in Our Stars, kind of. Like with the humor and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I am really looking forward to this one!
    By the way i'm loving the blog, just added 2 books to my TBR so thanks!

    I'd really like it if you checked out my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    Im a new blogger and would really appreciate the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious about her bucket list too! I am also curious about what she does once the acts have been done and she is in remission. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice's bucket list isn't all too exciting. And you are right SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY has more funny than depressing moments. I didn't feel like crying once and that says a lot. I'm such an easy crier. Hope you enjoy Julie's debut!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will reply back via either email or stopping by your blog. Please note that this is an award-free zone.